[Artemisia] gaelic games

fansca at aol.com fansca at aol.com
Tue May 31 13:23:33 CDT 2011

please feel free to cross post as necessary

Gaelic Games                              June 3,4,5  2011

Come all ye round the bonnie brae for highland games and a wee day of fellowship midst the bitterroot, nae thistle to impede our play.

The site will be open on Friday at 5pm and games begin on Saturday at 10 am.  A modest repast of soup, bread, fruit and cheese will be offered sometime past mid-day.  The site is damp, period containers only please.  Site will close on Sunday at noon. As a courtesy to the landowners we will leave the area cleaner than we found it.

Games include the traditional highland tests scaled to the skills and ability of those in attendance. Lutvik offers a challenge to any who wish to charge an Arbegee. Fencers and heavies welcome.

Site is 99 Market street, Clancy Montana about 5 miles south of Helena at the base of Rattlesnake Butte.  From I-15 take the Montana City exit 187, West to frontage road, continue around the Montana City traffic circle to the third exit. Take Hwy 282 and drive South about 3 miles. Turn left on unmarked road immediately beyond 3-Brothers plumbing and continue downhill to the site.  Signs will be posted.
GPS:  N 46  ° 32.102’    W 111 ° 56.764’
Fees:  $10.00 per adult, $5.00 non member fee applies  $20.00 max per family. 12 and under free if accompanied by an adult
Event Steward.   Lutvik der Kramer     Ed Mohler  406-439-1467