[Artemisia] re knights of mayhem

Raymond Zentz rayzentz at aim.com
Wed Nov 16 12:43:02 CST 2011

I have been following the conversation on this with great interest. As members of an organization that profess to be honorable and chivalrous, we are sometimes very free with our criticism in public venues. I myself have been chastised for this, in the past.

There are many groups that profess to recreate medieval activities. Ours is only one of many. All these groups have rules and expectations that apply to the activities in which they engage. They may very well differ from ours. Yet even within our own group, there are those who are more or less likely to adhere to the "rules", depending on the situation, or geographical area in which they live.

My very first event, several years ago now, resulted in a severe injury to one of the combatants in the competition for Queen's champion. That is the price sometimes paid for participation in what is an inherently dangerous activity, however we try to "make it safe"

I say this. Enjoy the attempt at re-creation for what it is... a modern interpretation of a medieval activity. If you can't appreciate the main focus, without being critical of minor issues, then do as William suggests. Don't watch. I myself am looking forward to watching it. Since we don't watch TV in our house, if there is anyone who recorded it, please let me know. Privately of course, since these shows are copyrighted, and it is illegal to copy them without appropriate permissions.

Padruig