[Artemisia] Chivalry and Opinions

morgan wolf morganblaidddu at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 13:44:27 CST 2011

----- Original Message -----

1/2 PAGE SNIPPAGE

> But if you choose to take offense, when none is offered, then the problem is
> yours, not someone else's.  Cowboy up and accept responsibility that YOU
> choose to take offense.  Get over it.  It's not personal.  How many of us
> have the movie "Knights Tale" in our collection of DVD's?
> It's a great movie....it's got horrible costumes, it's got some
> crappy armor from a mish-mash of periods.  It's based in Hollywood fantasy,
> and not in any excess of medieval reality.  But we still like it.  Weird.
>
> Oh geez....I just expressed an opinion, based or fact, about something.  Please
> don't be offended....but if you are, guess who's problem it is?  If you
> need a clue to help you along figuring it out, it's not my problem if you
> choose to be offended because I expressed an opinion about "Knights
> Tale".  That concept extends beyond "Knights Tale".
>
> I enjoy discussion, and I enjoy learning things from people.  Sometimes
> that's places to go for research, and sometimes that's just hearing
> other people's opinions.  Please don't try to limit people's ability
> or willingness to express their opinion...however misfounded...or not.
>
> YIS,   Alan

I agree with everything Your Grace said, with one exception-
How can you say that high-carbon steel armor with Nike (tm) swooshes on it is not period?  I'm offended!
Morgan

Baron Morgan Blaidd Du,
GHA(2), CQC, PCA, CCH;
Protege and Ghillie to Baron Master James Ulrich MacKellar, OL OP;
and Baroness Mistress Rachel Ashton, OP