[Artemisia] Youth Combat Champions

Raymond Zentz rayzentz at aim.com
Mon Oct 3 16:51:52 CDT 2011

Greetings, one and all

At Crown Tourney last weekend, there was to be a grand tourney, to choose the Defenders of the Fledgling Gryphon. There were, however, only 4 Combatants able to attend. In Their great Wisdom, Their Majesties, the Dread and Fearsome Rulers of Artemisia, have decided to postpone the tournament, to allow the opportunity for more youth to participate.

So, announcing "Take 2" of the Kingdom Youth Combat Championship.

At Collegium, in the heart of Gryphon's Lair, the first weekend of November, the tournament will once again be held. All youth are encouraged to participate, for the opportunity to become the new Defenders. There are 3 age categories: 6-9, 10-12, and 13-16.
Armor requirements have changed slightly, so look over the new rules. If you have not seen them, send me a note, and I will forward them to you. They should also be posted shortly on the Kingdom website.

The most glaring changes include...
     Gorget or a helmet drape (that protects the throat) is now required for 10-12 age category
     Head shots ARE allowed in the 9-12 and 13-16 age categories
     elbow, knee, and kidney protection is required for 13-16 age category

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to seeing more combatants at Collegium.

THL Padruig McTavish
Artemisia Youth Combat Marshal