[Artemisia] Fwd: New changes/rules approved

David T. Sorum armorbug1 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 00:01:03 CDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Elfwyn Starrsdottir <
elfwynthedane at yahoo.com> wrote:
>There are two places I see glaringly mundane plastic that isn't going to be>addressed by the new rules. One is the Japanese armor made of
>uncovered kydex (which can be identified a hundred yards away or more)

 Really?  A hundred yards?  I've had people actually tell me I was a liar when I told them my Japanese kits were made of plastic.  It's not all that hard to make

 shiny plastic look like lacquered leather or iron...the only visual difference is the thickness of the material.  True, there are some out there wearing "japanese

 armor" that in no way resembles, even remotely, a true Japanese set.  Just taking a piece of plastic and drilling a couple of holes and lacing it with shoe strings in

 no way conveys, in my opinion, an "attempt at medieval armor"...any more than a full set of fantasy armor constructed of steel does.  Just because it's steel

doesn't mean it's any better if it's not based on a historical example.

HL Jean-Richard deHolloway