[Artemisia] (no subject)

jedda_fw at yahoo.com jedda_fw at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 11 11:33:42 CDT 2011

Greetings good and kind Gentles of Artemisia,

We the populace of Cote du Ciel invite one and all to Harvest War, to be held September 15th-18th, at the Box Elder Campground, Mantua, Utah. Site opens 12pm for merchants, 3pm for RV's (unless permission to come early has been granted) 4pm for general populace.  (Volunteers can come by noon also on Thursday, please make sure you are on that volunteer list).

The weather looks fairly good, there is a possibility of an isolated thunderstorm friday and saturday. Highs in the mid to upper 70's and lows in the mid to upper 40's.  Please be prepared for any rain, but we will hope for the entire weekend sunshine.

There are many events during the weekend.  The fighting heavy and rapier for all enthausist, A&S classes during saturday.  Merchants with their wears, wench races, bardic, and there is also planned in Black Hand camp a Hafla.

All Kingdom Championships will be held saturday morning starting at 9am.  Kingdom Archery and Thrown Weapons Champions are in charge of these events.  The scenarios are in the gatebook.

Friday if you are there early, there are children activies, and our Youth Minister has many activies during the weekend as well.

Friday evening, at 7:30 is a childrens sing along with Baroness Flora in camp C in what is going to be a Tavern setting, this will run for at least a half an hour.  After that Sir Bartholomew and her Excellency will have an bardic for adults, and many a bard will be coming to share their talents.  I have been informed there are light refreshments.

Also friday evening is the exchange of love between Lady Zoya  and Lord Hiro in the Grotto.  Please be courteous of that area between 5:30 and 7:30pm.

Saturday morning starting at 7am until 10am is a Fighter Fundraiser Breakfast to be held in camp C at their Excellencies Aggie and Flora's kitchen.  We could use volunteers for help with prep and cleaning.  The cost is $4 dollars for 10+ 5-9 $2 free for 4 and under.

The MIC has place on various sites scenarios for the heavy fighting and for the rules.  He wishes to make sure that all fighters have their cards up  to date and ready to show at inspections.  (Please be on time for inspections the MIC has stated that if you are late you will need to wait until there is a marshal available to inspect you or at break).

Rapier Marshal has also been placing the scenarios and also all cards to be with the fighter at time of inspection.

Their Majesties have asked for time for Peer Circles and this will be announced.

Our Security Officer and Troll can always use volunteers, and as the Event Steward can always use those willing to help with Hearlding, and doing small tasks.  Children could earn service awards I believe for volunteering.

There is plenty of camping, around the camp if you camping with a large group I should have known by now, if you are a large group you will have to find a place.   Please ask at Troll where you can camp.  The upper area is now not a camping area the Forestry is only allowing us to use it for fighting and such activities.

Please be aware there is a creek running through the camp ground.  Children are not allowed in this area with out  a responsible adult.  The rocks are slippery, and there are a few branches hanging over the creek that every child likes to climb.  Please explain this to your children.

There will be a gatebook at Troll please read it for other rules of the campsite, this way we will be aware of many of the sites regulations and keep us in good standing.

Our Kingdom has always gone above and beyond of taking care of camping sites.  If you have trash please make sure it makes its way to the large garbage container near the flushable toilets.

Our Hosts are excited for us to returned.  They enjoy our group and the activities.  If you happen to see them thank them they are wonderful people.  Remember this is a mundane area, and we will have mundanes visiting.

I am excited to see everyone that comes.  For those not able to attend the Shire of Cote du Ciel hopes that in the future you will be able to attend.

Safe travels.

YIS
Event Steward
Lady Cathryn Anne of Newberry
Co Event Steward
Lady Zoya

PS you can email up until Tuesday night.  Wednesday on you can call or text me
email: jedda_fw at yahoo.com  cell# 208-241-2367 please try and make it before 9:30pm unless an emergency.