[Artemisia] Fortified Manor House Ideas?

dukealan at q.com dukealan at q.com
Sun Sep 11 18:30:00 CDT 2011

Greetings All,

Another thread to peak some interest and comments.

In England during the time of our study, many of the lesser gentry, those who didn't have castles, had was was known as a fortified manor house.  This gave a fair level of protection from brigands and such, though probably not so much as to resist an attack from an army.  There is a very nice example of one south of Shrewsbury (though it's name escapes me right now - too much work on the farm today...).

So, what would your thoughts on a fortified manor house be in these modern medieval times?

Looking forward to your answers,       Alan