[Artemisia] Reminder: Lochtoberfest

Belladonna belladonna.difrancia at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 12:16:05 CDT 2011

Greetings, all,

Lochtoberfest is just two short weeks away, and we hope many of you are planning to attend. Great fun is in store!

A few highlights:

The Brewmeister competition is the only kingdom competition purely for beer brewing. Brewers, come and prove you make the best beer in the kingdom! As for the rest of the adults in the kingdom, this competition is populace choice, so come and sample the wares of our brewers.

The Best of the Wurst is a populace choice competition to find the kingdom's best sausage maker. Bring your best sausages if you make them. Come and sample them if you don't. Yum!

The kingdom's youth who attended our last Lochtoberfest said it was one of the funnest events they've been to, and this year promises to be just as good! The root beer and cream soda brewing activity will be back and will begin at 11:30. Other fun for the day will include necklace-making and a frisbee-throwing contest.

Dame Hilde is preparing a wonderful feast that will include sausage and sauerkraut and be served buffet style. To go along with it, Baron Aghren is making bread and Baroness Flora will provide pretzels. No feast reservations required. Bring your appetite.

The heavy fighters are planning a riotous good time fighting over sausage and beer kegs. And of course, the swishy poky fighters will be getting their game on, too.

Baroness Flora has graciously promised to teach a class on preparing escargot. Those who've followed her snail adventures on Facebook won't want to miss it. Personally, as someone who was favored enough to sample her first crop, I'd say no one should miss it! The class will be held at 11:00.

Lord Francisco has also promised that there will be Cribbage! We're going to play it by ear this year. If we have lots of experienced players who want to have a tournament, then a tournament there will be! If you've never played Cribbage but have always wanted to learn how, someone will teach you. If a few old hands show up who just want to sit around and play casually instead of having a tournament, then that's the way it will go. Regardless, if you need a Cribbage fix like I do, this is the place to get it.

Lord Dunkr has promised to reprise the hammer and nail competition, as well. It provides great hilarity!

Mistress Casamira will be selling her beautiful wares and also trying to find loving homes for some of the possessions Mistress Constance left behind.

Time: Saturday, September 24, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.

Place:
Barony of Loch Salann
South Valley Unitarian, 6876 Highland Dr.
Salt Lake City, Utah

Don't miss it!

Lady Belladonna di Francia