[Artemisia] Youth Combat Championship Tournament

Raymond Zentz rayzentz at aim.com
Wed Sep 21 16:17:05 CDT 2011

Unto the Great and Noble populace of Glorious Artemisia, do I, Padruig, send fond greeting.

It is incumbent upon me to announce that Their Royal Majesties, Ronan and Clare, Dread Rulers of our fair lands of Artemisia, have declared that they desire Youth Champions for their reign. As Kingdom Youth Combat Marshal, it is my responsibility to make it so.

Therefore, I announce that there will be a Grand Youth Combat Tournament, held at Crown Tourney, to select these Champions.

There are three age categories, and a champion will be selected from each age category. These categories are...
     age 6-9 - child
     age 10-12 - youth
     age 13-16 - teen

Note that there are some changes to rules, and armor requirements. If you have not seen these changes, and your child wishes to compete, please contact me, and I will send a copy of the updated youth combat rules to you.

essentially, the major changes involve a required gorget at the Youth age group, and elbow and knee protection at the teen age group. groin protection is also required at middle and upper age groups. There are various ways of accomplishing this.

A note... because this is a kingdom championship tournament, each participant must have their own gear to compete. There will be no loaner gear provided.

Since parents (or authorized representatives) are required by both Corora and Kingdom Law to be present at youth combat activities, this tournament will be held at an eric adjoining the erics being used for determining the Royal Heirs, and will be happening at the same time, so parents can watch both competitions.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Yours in Service,

THL Padruig McTavish
Artemisia Youth Combat Marshal

PS. Please cross-post as appropriate