[Artemisia] Congratulations to the winners of the Realm of Venus Costuming Challenge

Jeri Foster jofvertsilva at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 24 11:19:32 CDT 2011

Greetings,

I was perusing the SCAtoday.net and noticed that 2 Artemisians were winners in the Realm of Venus Italian Renaissance Costuming Challenge. "The overall winner, as well as the winner of the best entry by an Italian Renaissance novice, is Dvorianka Praksedys Turova doch' (Hastings Sanderson) of the Province of Arrow's Flight in Artemisia.  Second place overall, as well as the winner of best handwork, is Lady Cara di Appollonio (Hannah Longbottom) also of Artemisia."

Wow! I was really amazed at the amount of work done in that short period of time and I think it looks great. Take a look at http://renaissanceitaly.net/TempFiles/ItalRenCostumingChallenge-Winners.htm. If you click on the photos you'll see the write-ups each contestant put up.

Congratulations to both of you. Just Super!

Jerilyn of Vert Silva, OP