[Artemisia] Hey Traditional Archers!

dukealan at q.com dukealan at q.com
Fri Apr 13 23:12:26 CDT 2012

Hello All,

While walking merchants row at Estrella I came across and archery merchant.  Like most of you who like to fling arrows, I had to wander in and look at the wares.  What I found really got my attention.  As you know, I'm interested in very authentic "things".  As you also know, trying to find authentic arrows is near impossible.  Imagine my surprise when I found traditional arrows; self nocked (no plastic obnoxious looking things), traditional fletches in both shape and color!  In all these years this is the first time I've run across this.

And here's the best thing, the merchant is from Crystaql Craigs.  This was his first venture into the SCA "market", and I hope to see him at more events.

Following is his info.  For those of you who want to do an authentic presentation of a medieval archer, you should really take a look at his wares.  Prices are quite reasonable from what I can tell.  He also sells bows, both long bows and horse bows.  In fact, he does _many_ types of bows.

Check it out!

Alan

www.glaciertraditionalarchery.com

"