[Artemisia] Harvest War!!!

jedda_fw at yahoo.com jedda_fw at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 10:04:29 CDT 2012

Good Gentles,

Harvest War is only a couple of months away, and plans are already in full swing. The marshals are working on the scenarios, and the Youth Shire Minister is working on Youth Combat and activities. Our MoAS is working on a class or a show case set up for Harvest this year (depending on weather).

As you know Harvest War can be very unpredictable. If you are camping be prepared for anything and everything. Over planning for this event is not a bad thing.

Our site is animal friendly, with their responsible owners on their leashes.

Fires are restricted to the assigned firepits. I have been asked about the propane firepits yes you can have them but there needs to be some kind of covering on the ground or they need to be put on blocks at least a good foot or more above the ground and then coverings/grates on top. Please the Forestry is being very careful this year and wants everyone to be extra careful, we have already seen the devastation of what can happen. Also in no way shape or form is there to be tiki torches. I have been asked about the tea light lamps. If this is your only source of lighting and are in covered lanterns then they are allowed but must be put out when you leave your camps. Yes I know we all like to leave a light on at night to come back to camp with, but again think of the conditions this year. We Will Be Camping In A Box Canyon.

Also if the creek is running, as always children must be attended at all times. As for restrictions of youth at night, under 17 need to be in camp by 11pm and with an adult supervisor. Leaving your children in camps unattended, will not be acceptable. If you need more details on this please email me at jedda_fw at yahoo.com ..

We always need volunteers especially at Troll. We are asking anyone that can help for a couple of hours at a time would appreciate it. We will probably need weed wackers, the forestry hasn't said they will mow the grass for us, and as it has proven in years past they haven't.

When unloading you will be limited to a couple of hours in the parking lots, when you have unloaded fully please move your vehicle up to the upper field. Just know that giving you those couple of hours will allow your vehicle to cool down. We are trying to avoid the grass area's for parking but only park there when you know your vehicle is cool enough.

This year we are going to do something a little different with security. I am asking for people that camp in areas to watch over the area and take care of any problems. You will be given a radio and be more or less the eyes for the event. We have a couple of volunteers already, but if you are going to be camping with a particular group and would like to help out this way let me know. We are trying to get at least one for each camping area.

Baron Aggie, Baroness Flora, and Sir Bartholomew will be having their Friday night Tavern. They are looking for entertainers and I believe they will have their bar open as well. Please contact them for anymore info.

For all volunteers, our shire will be there on Thursday night we are allowing volunteers to come in early on Thursday from 2pm if you are willing to help us set up. We will do a pot luck dinner as well more details to come. Please if you wish to volunteer please email at the above addy.

Our Shire is looking forward to seeing you all there and having alot of fun.

Yours In the Dream

Lady Cathryn Anne of Newbury
Event Steward/Seneschal.