[Artemisia] Coronation Updates

Karina Tucker tuckerka at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 28 12:44:26 CDT 2012

Their Highnesses are throwing a big party this Saturday! Are you ready for it?
Weather: The current weather report calls for a high of 87 with a 20% chance of rain. As this is an outdoor event, sunscreen, hats, and parasols are highly encouraged. Small shade tents may be set with, but please be very aware of sprinkler heads and courteous to the landscaping. Tent stakes should be as short as possible, but no longer than 12 inches.
Kids activities: We will be making "bird in a cage" spinners with the kingdom pile and crown as well as a few other designs. We'll be doing comet bean bags to honor Timmur's heraldry and braided bracelets utilizing the bowen knot from Saige's heraldry. There will be a competition using the comets and the Provionce's "War Elephant" target with small prizes. In the late afternoon when the heat is highest, the littlest ones are invited to head to the house of the 7 dwarfs playhouse where we'll be reading a selection of Aesop's fables aloud. There will be a buttonmaking class for the slightly older kids and the littlest Artemisians will be making peg dolls later in the day. Youth are encouraged to bring their Pages Primers and Manuals of Courtly Graces as some activities fill requirements and can be signed off. Youth combat will occur as space and time allow.
There is a large playground on site to help entertain the kids; adult supervision is required.
Kingdom Fundraiser: Lunch will be served as a kingdom fundraiser. Menu: sandwiches, salads, fruits, veggies, sodas, chips, and, of course, cookies! Support your kingdom! With cookies! Please donate cookies to be sold during the kingdom lunch fundraiser. You will receive a credit towards your lunch purchase for every dozen cookies donated.
Feast reservations are now full. We are taking names for a waiting list. Site officially opens at 9:30 a.m. If you would like to help with set-up, you may arrive earlier. However, we are NOT allowed on site before 9:00 a.m.
Anyone found intentionally damaging, defacing, or vandalizing the site in any manner will be ejected from the event with no refund and will be billed for the damages.
Please contact me with any questions. email usually works the best.
In service,
Dame Kadrina Tanskalainen, autocrat
Please forward this message as appropriate.