[Artemisia] Andalusian Ball updates

Jeanine Schlauch jeanines at cableone.net
Fri Dec 7 09:23:36 CST 2012

Greetings to everyone!

We'd like to take this opportunity to provide a few updates regarding* el
Torneo de Baile y la Fiesta* (or the Andalusian Ball) in Arn Hold on
January 26, 2013 from 10am to 10.30pm at the Clubhouse Event Center.  All
the pertinent details can be found here:
http://www.baronyarnhold.org/Andalusian_Ball.html
*
Classes* - Subject to change of course, but currently, we have the
following classes offered- Beginning Brewing, Fiber Arts and Beginning
Belly Dance

*Feast *- The Cook's Guild of Arn Hold has put together a scrumptious
feast, keeping with the theme of the event.  For a list of ingredients,
please see our webpage
here:<http://www.baronyarnhold.org/Andalusian_Ball.html>
Please send your feast requests to THL Ellen at (carminaburana at
centurylink dot net), keeping in mind that reservations are capped at 50
and close on January 12, 2013.

*Feast Menu*

   - First course:
      - Flat breads
      - Hummus
      - Zabarbada (cheese dip)
      - Tahinyya (carrot-leek dish with sesame dressing)
      - Minted cucumber pickles
      - Stuffed eggs
      - Olives
   - Main course:
      - Thumiyya (garlicky chicken dish with almonds)
      - Marwaziyyah (spiced meat and fruit stew)
      - Shula Kalambar (lentil-vegetable stew))
      - Rumaniyya (meatballs in sauce)
      - Couscous
      - Rice pilaf
      - Cazuela (carrot casserole)
      - Sag or Jannaniyya (mixtures of vegetables)
   - Sweet course:
      - Murakkaba layered with dates
      - Manjar de Angeles (sort of a cheesecake)
      - Khabisa Ipomegranate balls) and Hais (pistachio and fruit balls)
      - Pomada (apple-almond pudding)

*Crash Space/Hotels* - To all of our out-of-town friends - have no worries,
we have places for you to stay.  Should you wish to arrange crash space,
please contact Mistress Antonia, our Chatelaine, at
chatelaine at baronyarnhold.org.   We have also arranged for discounts at the
2 hotels within walking distance of the Event Center. Since alcohol is
allowed, this is *very *good news indeed.

   - The Residence Inn, Boise
West<http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/boiri-residence-inn-boise-west/>has
1 bedroom or studios for $84/night and 2 bedroom/2 bath with full
   kitchens for $124/night.
   - The Candlewood
Suites<http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/candlewood/hotels/us/en/boise/boicw/hoteldetail/amenities>has
studio suites with breakfast! for $65/night.

*Be sure to register under the Barony of Arn Hold by January 12, 2013 in
order to receive the discounts.*

Please let me know if you have any questions!!

Morgan du Marc
Autocrat