[Artemisia] 12th Night Celebration Shire of Bronzehelm

Bronzehelm Webminister bronzehelmwebminister at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 31 18:51:38 CST 2012

Saturday, January 12th,
2013
First Congregational Church
301 N 27th Street, Billings, MT
59101
http://bronzehelm.org/12th_night.php

Light a candle and greet the new calendar as we host
the 30th Anniversary of this wondorous event here in our Shire.
Indoor combat aplenty will decide the new champions
for the year ahead in both the armored and rapier arenas. We will also have
a new Bardic champion chosen during dinner.
Activities will include heraldry, games and
classes for children and adults, and
socializing with new and old friends from near and far. We will be
graced with the presence of Crown Prince Daman and
Crown Princess Veronique, who may ask for Court time at their
leisure.
Bring your coins for a fun and exciting and
never before seen Kingdom fundraiser from your
local and Kingdom heralds. Any funds raised will go towards the Kingdom
Herald's office for new reference material. It has been a decade since
any new books were purchased.

Feast will be
taken from the pages of Platina, so a Roman bounty is to be
expected from the best cooks our Shire has to offer.
We expect that the tables will be filled with hungry folk around 6:30 p.m.
Feast will accomodate 80 people, please contact the Head Cook to make
Reservations.
Feast
reservations would appreciated by December 10, 2012, pre-payment not
required. Please make any checks out to the Shire of
Bronzehelm, SCA, Inc.

Feast Menu will be available,
soon!

We are thrilled to
announce classes during the event!

11:00 am - Mistress Rebecca
Chadderton, from the Barony of Gryphon's Lair, will be teaching her bobbin lace
class. She will have kits for sale - $20 - that include enough materials for 6
projects. You should be able to finish your first project during the event!
Please let me know before Jan 8th if you are wanting to participate, so she can
be sure to bring enough kits with her.

1:00 pm - M'lady Sofia Ivarsdottir from the
Shire of Bronzehelm will be teaching a beginning knitting class. In this class, we will learn the basics of casting
on, the knit stitch, and casting off. If there is time, we will also learn the
purl stitch and the different patterns created using knit and purl stitch
combinations. In order to provide the attention needed to beginning knitters, I
would like to keep the class size limited to 5 people. Supplies: 1 pair of
knitting needles size 6 - 10. 1 skein of 4-ply yarn in a light color so you can
see your stiches. Please do not bring fine baby yarn, bulky bucles,or other
textured yarns. etc. scissors.
Fee: free. I will have a limited supply of
knitting needles and yarn to borrow if needed.

3:00 pm - HL Aletheia
Isidora of Philae will present a talk on the back story of The Hobbit, which
will be an entertaining journey through the history of the book and the films.
Tea-time nibbles will be available.

Fees are as follows:
  Adults and
children aged 13 and over: site $5.00, feast $7.00
  Non-member
surcharge of $5.00 applies for site fee only
  Children aged
4-12: site $3.00, feast $5.00
  Children aged
three and under are welcome guests of the Shire
  Family Cap:
Site only $20.00, Site and feast $45.00
Site: First Congregational Church, 301 N
27th Street, Billings, MT 59101. (See Map Below)
Site opens at
10:00 am and closes at 11:00 p.m. Volunteers for clean-up greatly appreciated! Merchants are very welcome -
after the holiday season, we should all be wanting
some new trinkets to add to our finery!
Site steward: Baroness Shauna -
shauna at bresnan.net
Event steward: HL Thorkatla -
jefkatem at yahoo.com
Head Cook: Mistress Caointairn -
caointairn1 at bresnan.net
Cook's Second: Mistress Isabeau -
isabeaumiller at yahoo.com
For all combat questions, please contact
both Lord Geoffrey at jefkatem at yahoo.com and Sir Til at
til_lucky at hotmail.com

Lady Nicole Drake de Luna
Nikki Nixon