[Artemisia] Artemisia Digest, Vol 101, Issue 8

kyria thalia kyria.thalia at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 11:29:57 CST 2012

I spent every fourth of July for...oh, about eight years watching the
Barony of Sentinel's Keep demo at Fort Missoula and waiting to be "big
enough" to play.  Dame Annys was/is a friend of my mother's and mine and
lent me the Known World Handbook while I was in high school. It wasn't
until college that I had the time and the resources to participate and I
sure as heck wasn't going to *stop* going once I could unless I had a truly
negative experience.  I attended several meetings before I really had a
chance to go to an event.  I think, however, I may be atypical.  I spent my
formative years wishing I could be a Knight of King Arthur's Round Table
and I'm hardly going to leave the group that was the next best thing.  I'm
actually badly missing the opportunity to participate in general business
and fighter practices at the moment because the nearest groups to me are 90
minutes drive away and hold their meetings during my work hours.

In service,
Grainne Dhonn