[Artemisia] FW: Known World Academy of the Rapier / Known World CostumingSymposium is coming to Chicagoland in 2012

Gene Mealey rapierfighter at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 15 09:18:57 CST 2012

FYI

Baron Antoine

-----Original Message-----

From: Jim Lai

Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 2:10 PM

To: RapierNet - Fencing in the SCA

Subject: [RN] Known World Academy of the Rapier / Known World

CostumingSymposium is coming to Chicagoland in 2012

Greetings and Salutations:

The Shire of Ravenslake and the Thieves of Hearts are proud to announce that

we will be presenting a combined event - the Known World Academy of the

Rapier and the Known World Costuming Symposium near Chicago, Illinois from

November 9-11, 2012.

Here's a link to our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/211361568961372/?notif_t=event_invite

We will have more information forthcoming, but we have a great roster of

teachers for rapier, cut and thrust, and costuming that is only getting

better. Please join us for a weekend of fighting and sewing. We are also

working out some other activities, such as a trip to the Art Institute of

Chicago to look at their collection of period arms and armor and paintings

and fiber arts of the period.

YIS, Kai Tseng

PS - if you are interested in teaching, we could definitely use instructors.

For the Academy of the Rapier, please contact Anton DuMarais

(rapieranton at gmail.com). For the Costuming Symposium, please contact Sara

Bailey (cricket340 at gmail.com).

    __._,_.___

	  Reply to sender |