[Artemisia] BGL 12th Night/Investiture

ladygwynnyth at aol.com ladygwynnyth at aol.com
Mon Jan 2 20:00:22 CST 2012

Twelfth Night:  Festival of Lights
Gryphon's Lair's Fourth Investiture
The boar’s head in hand bear
Bedecked with bays and rosemary
I pray you, my masters, be merry
Quot estis in convivio (So many as are in the feast)
                                    - The Boar's Head Carol, Seventeenth Century

In spirit of this great season, with the glory and pageantry of the Medici Court Candlemas, the Teutonic Solstice Celebration of Lights, and the Norse celebration of Juul, Gryphon’s Lair invites you to Twelfth Night: Festival of Lights to celebrate the Investiture of our Fourth Baron and Baroness.
Please join us at the Crossroads Christian Church, located at 6545 Combe Road and Highway 89 in Uintah (South Ogden), UT.  From I-15, take I-84 E (follow signs toward Cheyenne).  Take Exit 87 for US-89 toward South Ogden/Salt Lake.  Turn left onto US-89 northbound.  Turn right onto Combe Road, at the base of the hill.  The church is a large log-cabin style building on the left (east) overlooking the Uintah Valley.  Site opens at 10AM and closes at 9PM.  Crash space is available
The site fee is $10 for adults and $5 for children 5-15 years of age.  The family cap is $35.  NMS is $5.
Dame Meraud des Belles Feuilles is preparing a fine feast of culinary delight.  Feast fee is $10 for adults and $5 for children under 12.  Babes in arms will not pay feast fee.  The cap for the Feast is 75. Open flames are not permitted; please bring magic candles.. Please send feast reservations to exchequer at gryphonslair.org.  Payment may be made on site but must be paid by 1 pm or the spots will be reopened. There will be no off-board seating for feast.
  Please assist us in protecting the cleanliness of this beautiful site by restricting any snacking to the feast hall and balcony upstairs.
Throughout the day, there will be a variety of activities for those young of years or young at heart.  Games, both mundane and medieval, will be hosted on the ground floor.  HL Allegretza will provide an abundance of activities for our youth; please accompany your children in this learning adventure.
The new Champion of Arts and Sciences will be chosen from a display of our artists' labors.  Documentation is required for entries into the Championship Tournament, and you must be a resident of Gryphon's Lair to be named as Champion.  Contact Mst Serafina at moas at gryphonslair.org with any question.
The new Bard of Gryphons Lair will also be chosen this day. The competitors will be required to perform two pieces. One must be a musical number, the second, a piece of literature whether it be composed by the competitor or someone else. Documentation will be extra points
 There will also be a display of the efforts of the entrants in the first Artemisian Costuming Challenge.  The victor of the ACC will be recognized in evening Court.  Please take time to enjoy the craftsmanship of our artists.  Please see Maestra Bianca for any details about the art competition and display.
The fundraiser will be a bake sale/raffle.  Among the Items to be raffled are two custom-made porcelain angels.  Please help fatten the Baronial coffers for the new year ahead.

Tentative Schedule:
10AM: Site Opens
11:30AM-12:30PM: Court
12:30PM-3PM: Lunch break & activities