[Artemisia] A pewter casting challenge!

Michele Wolf amefinch at cableone.net
Wed Jul 18 22:14:20 CDT 2012

A Challenge!!
I want to challenge folks with something that has not been done here
before.  Below is an image and description of a pin with a cast pewter head
from Museum of London Dress Accessories and an image of a vendor from
Pennsic makign something similar.  No one here has done this so we get to
use trial and error to find workable methods of creating these pins.  I
challenge all casters to create a cast pin head (the pin can certainly be
commercial) by Kingdom Collegium this fall.  At collegium, we will each
bring a bundle and do a swap.  These would make wonderful largess and other
such tokens.  Mainly though it is a challenge for folks to try something
new.