[Artemisia] Collegium Reminder

Chris Light tighearnansca at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 11:51:06 CDT 2012

  Spring has melted the winter snows and has started to warm body and soul.
What a better time is there to travel to the ancient Barony of Loch Salann
to share your knowledge and learn a new skill at Southern Collegium!

   This year we will again feature many classes for all skill levels and
interests. Whether you want to learn new sewing skills, fighting ability or
learn from the many experts we have in the Kingdom about historical
subjects there will be something for you. We will have an extra focus this
year on the “virtues of a peer” as given by SCA Corpora. We will have
classes focusing on dancing, games, heraldry, illumination and much more.

  We are excited to announce we will be joined by the talented and
knowledgeable Baron Gwylym ab Owain Tatershal of Atenveldt.  Baron Gwylym
is the Premiere of the Order of the White Scarf in the SCA. Mundanely he is
the advisor and primary instructor for the Fencing Club at Northern Arizona
University. Baron Gwylym began fencing in 1974 under the tutelage of
Instructor Silverberg at the State University College at Buffalo New York
and Master Bella of Hamilton, Ontario.  Baron Gwylym has taught classes on
rapier and other western martial arts topics throughout the US, Canada and
in Europe. He is also completing the fourth edition of his book "Art of
Defense", a manual on the use of the rapier. Mr. Wilson works as an applied
Anthropologist at Northern Arizona University.

 Southern Collegium will be held at Excelsior Academy in Erda Utah.  The
site is located at 124 East Erda Way, Erda UT, 84074.  Take your best route
to I-80 East towards Tooele. Take Exit 99 and merge onto State Highway 36
south. Go about 7 miles and turn right on Erda way. The site is a half mile
on your left.

 Southern Collegium will be held April 14, 2012. The site will be open from
9am to 6pm. It is a DRY site. Adults are $8 and youth 5-14 are $4. A
fundraiser lunch will be held from 11-1 pm for a donation of $3. Please
contact M'lady Cliona @ clionaoferry (at) gmail .com to donate a soup or
baked item.

 The class cordinator for this event is THL Ashé’el who can be reached at
Ashe_el (at) yahoo .com. Please contact her if you would like to teach a
class as we still have just a few spots left. For any other questions about
this event Please contact the event steward Lord Tighearnan at
Tighearnansca (at) gmail .com.

******Stay tuned for a comprehensive class listing coming soon!******