[Artemisia] SCA Grand Council is looking for Volunteers!!

Jackman-Brink, Julia Julia.Jackman-Brink at mso.umt.edu
Tue May 1 13:20:40 CDT 2012

Greetings!  The Grand Council is once again soliciting volunteers to serve.

We are an advisory committee to the Board of Directors of the SCA, Inc. Our charge is to provide productive discussion on proposals for changes to the Governing Documents of the SCA, as well as to suggest procedural changes for dealing with modern world problems as they relate to the SCA.

The Grand Council may be called on to offer advice on any sort of policy as requested by the Board of Directors, but is most frequently involved in discussions of corporate practice and how our organization functions as a modern entity.

The Council's discussions cover a wide range of subjects, of both long and short-term necessity to the Society.  Recent topics include our recommendations on topics that everyone has discussed, such as fourth peerage and same sex consorts, as well as issues of long term necessity such as communication strategies, core competencies, and relationships with affiliate corporations.

For more information on the Grand Council, please visit our web pages at:
http://grandcouncil.sca.org/index.html

The council consists of both kingdom appointed representatives and at-large members. If there is someone you feel should be a member of the Grand Council, please encourage them to apply as an at-large member. If your kingdom has no current appointed representative, encourage your Crown to appoint one.

We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, experiences and locations without any concern for rank or membership status. The Grand Council meets on-line only, so reliable and frequent e-mail access is a MUST.

Applications are being accepted ONLINE via the Grand Council's Web Page:
http://grandcouncil.sca.org/gcapps/index.php

Applications received prior to May 15th 2012 will be used to fill positions opening in June of this year. When completing the online form, please be sure and fill in all requested information. We would encourage you to be as detailed as possible on your application. Let us know who you are and why you feel you would make a valuable addition to this advisory committee.

Questions about the Nominations Committee and/or the nominations process can be addressed to Nominations Committee member:  Katrionna MacLochlainn (Lori Campbell) countesskat at cox.net

The Grand Council Nominations Committee would like to thank you in advance for your interest in serving our organization. We look forward to hearing from you!