[Artemisia] [Fwd: [Announcements] Request for Comment - Competitor-Consort Proposal]

Bruce Padget bapadget at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 00:04:40 CDT 2012

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:55 PM, morganblaidddu at yahoo.com
<morganblaidddu at yahoo.com> wrote:
> My thoughts-
>

> One of the most basic rules of all Crown/Coronet lists in the Society is that “the entrants must be acceptable to the Crown”.  With that in mind, combining these two rules is basically saying we want to make sure that a same-sex couple entering the list are indeed a couple, and not a pair of fighters thinking to double their chances of winning, i.e. we want to ensure that Duke Fred and Duke Bob aren’t trying to sweep the list [note: if there are any Dukes out there named Bob and/or Fred, I don’t mean you].  The thing is, no matter who the consort is, whether or not both are fighting, no fighter can be *sure* that they will win, unless they plan on cheating [rhino-hiding, weeble-ing ,bullet-proof,  whatever you call it, it’s cheating] , and we all know that our Crown’s would NOT find those fighters to be acceptable entrants.  I think the first rule is about 4.5 decades overdue, and the second rule denies way too many fighters the chance to show their love and respect for their consorts.  Consider this, if this rule had been in effect when we began, we could not have had the LEGENDARY fight that gave us the First Queen by Right of Arms.

Yes.  I've long said that we shouldn't make a rule when a ruling will
suffice, and we shouldn't make a ruling if the situation hasn't come
up.  The Crown has the power to bar entrants.  IMO (because it's
never, ever H), the "superdukes swapping reigns" thing is the weakest
argument against SS consorts there is.

Regards,
Niccolo
bapadget at gmail.com