[Artemisia] event

Terry Lopez fansca at aol.com
Thu Nov 29 12:07:59 CST 2012

YULE REVEL
Saturday December 1, 2012
10:00 am - 10:00 pm

Notes:
YULE REVEL
DECEMBER 1st 2012
SHIRE OF STAN WYRM

Greetings and salutations from your fair cousins
in the shire of Stan Wyrm! We invite you
to join us at our own Yule Revel and Tourney
for St. Nicholas. It will be held December 1,
212 at the Episcopal Church of the Incarnation in Great Falls,
MT.
Join us in the joy and festivities of the ending of the year!
Come showcase your Arts & Sciences projectsfinished or
unfinishedto prepare for next years A&S event season.
There will be a peoples choice display and competition for all
those who would like to enter (no documentation required, although
providing some description and history will garner feedback
to help fine-tune your A&S entries down the road).
There will be a special Tourney in honor of Ol Saint Nick. It
will be open to any and all fighters, heavy and light, with no
belt restrictions. To enter, all fighters are asked to donate a
canned food item. Fighters, also bring a new, unwrapped toy to
gain the blessing of St. Nick and buy back your life (one time
limit), or bring an extra can of food for a one time buy-back of
a lost limb. All food items and toys will be donated to the
Church food pantry or Salvation Army to help those in need.
In addition to the fighting and Arts & Sciences display/
competition, we will be holding classes beginning brewing/
mead making, dancing, etc. There are still slots open for classes, event steward as soon as possible as space and time limits the
number of classes. Classes will begin around 11:00 and continue
throughout the afternoon.
The feast will consist of both lunch and dinner. Lunch will be
provided by the Shire of Stan Wyrm and will consist of soup
and chili, breads, cheese and summer sausage, and veggies. Hot
spiced cider, coffee, tea and lemonade will be available all day.
The supper will be a period potluck provided by the populace.
Bring a dish from the era and culture of your persona to share
with us all. We suggest making enough to serve at least 6 to 8.
Please provide a card with a short description and history of
your dish, including ingredients so individuals with food sensitivities
know what they can and cant have. Also, please inform
the feast steward of your dish, so we can print a menu. This can
be done a week or two prior to the feast. The site is discreetly
damp (it is a church after all).
Site and feast fee is $5.00 with a donated food item per person
($15 plus food item per person family cap) or a fee of $10.00
with no food item ($25 family cap). There is a $5.00 nonmember
surcharge.
Location and directions: The Episcopal Church of the Incarnation,
600 3rd Ave. N, Great Falls MT. Take your best route to
Great Falls. From either 10th Ave. S or Central Ave turn north
on 6gh Street (it is a one-way headed north). Continue to 3rd
Ave. N. The church is on the corner of 6th Street N and 3rd Ave.
N. The site opens at 10:00am and closes at 10:00pm.
Event Steward: Lady Branywn of Markland
MKA Laura LaBelle
406-965-2690 until 9:00pm
llabelle321 at yahoo.com