[Artemisia] Period Pesto?

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 15 23:58:23 CDT 2012

For any cooks who may not be on Facebook:  Is pesto Period? I've found documentation for use of basil and pine nuts in Mediterranean/Andalausian cooking, but couldn't find any reference to actual pesto or even a basil-&-nut-based paste. I looked all thru Stephan's Florilegium for leads, but came up blank. I've already checked the Godecookery site. Any suggestions where else I should dig?

 I have all this home-grown basil that I'd like to use for Lochtoberfest.... Aurora de PortugalBLS