[Artemisia] Iron Balls: The Masked Edition: More Fun Stuff

Christy Lewis lady_ofdance at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 18 18:33:46 CDT 2012

Greetings from your friendly Masked Ball autocrat,

There are going to be lots of fun things to do at the event in Twae Linnes. In addition to the challenge put out there by our fabulous A&S minister, we are asking those who feel they are good strategists to come and try their mettle against others who love a challenge. We are going to have a Tafl tournament, YAY!. Don't know what that is or how to play?? No problem, our great and wonderful feast-o-Viking will be happy to show those who are interested before the tournament begins. Tafl is a Viking prequel to Chess. Even if you are not good at Chess, consider this a fun way to learn a new period game. Also, as tale would have it, there is a small around the age of 8 who is rumored a Tafl champ, are you willing to pit your skills to the test? Would you like to be the next Tafl Champion or will you be chopped down by a small who would rule them all....?? There will be a wonderful prize for the person who rises to victory in the challenge of Tafl so come down and have a good time and challenge a friend.

There will also be classes and refreshers of the dances that will be danced at the Ball which will follow feast. If there is anyone who wishes to teach a class at this event please feel free to contact the autocrat at lady (underscore) ofdance (at) hotmail (dot) com (without the spaces). Also there will be a silent auction fundraiser and some incredible items for sale by our local merchant, (some of you may have seen the lovely boxes that he makes and would like an opportunity to get one along with some new items that he has created, well here is your chance).

Feast menu will consist of Celtic soup, pork roast, carrots and cabbage, bread, and cheese, fruit, and a Viking pie for dessert (a berry pie). For allergies or accomodations needing to be made to the menu, as well as reservations please contact the feast-o-Viking at svein (underscore) the (underscore) wise (at) hotmail (dot) com (no spaces) Feast reservations will be closed by Oct 6th so get your spot in early as this is a meal you will not want to miss!
Feast fee $7 adults $4 for smalls (6-16) 6 and under are free.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled chats. :)

In Service,
Lady Ealusaid inghean Lughaidh
autocrat for Masked Ball
Protege to HE Cecilia de Firenze