[Artemisia] Barony of Gryphon's Lair Arts and Sciences Event and Masked Ball

Rebecca Mikkelsen mikkelsen_rebecca at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 30 08:52:34 CDT 2012

The Barony of Gryphon's Lair invites all to attend their Arts and Sciences Event on October 13.  This event promises to be like no other you have been to!

The site is the Roy Christian Church, 4347 South 1900 West, Roy, UT.  The site opens at 11am and closes at 9pm.  Site fee is $3 per person for everyone ages 6 and older.  Non-member fees apply, as usual.

Besides choosing the Baronial Arts and Sciences Champion, there will lots of activities, a bag raffle, and a Masked Ball.

ARTS AND SCIENCES COMPETITION

Anyone can enter the competition for judging, feedback and PRIZES, but only a Baronial member can become Champion.  Kingdom rules will be used.  Registration is from 11am to noon.

ACTIVITIES

Activities are to be done by teams--preferably adult/child teams, but any team is a acceptable.  Each activity costs $1 per team.  Not only does each team get to participate in cool activities, but they also get 5(!) raffle tickets per dollar!  Here is the list of activities:

Build a castle out of cardboard.  We will have lots of supplies, but if you want to bring a "secret" component, please do!  Castles will be judged and prizes given!
Build a catapult and then attack all those castles!
Decorate a mask to wear at the masked ball.  We will have plenty of supplies, but you can bring your own, or a mask that you have already made.
Make board games--lots of games will be available, including pick-up-sticks, Game of the Goose, Nyout, Royal Game of Ur, Mancala, Checker, and Nine Men's Morris.
Decorate a bag to carry your stuff to events!
Make bread and butter to be eaten during the feast!

And . . . the Masked Ball!  Strut that new mask you made!  And munch on cookies and punch!

FEAST

There will be no feast fee if each family unit brings either a soup/stew/chili to feed 10-12 OR a 2 dozen cookies/donuts/cupcakes.  Store bought is fine and there is a Harmons very near the site.  There will be pots and ladles available, if needed.  We will be eating the bread made earlier in the day with the soups.  For those not wanting to bring food, there will be a $2 per person feast fee.  Don't worry about feast gear--we will be using paper plates (who wants to wash dishes, anyway!).  If you want to have a "picnic", bring a blanket for the floor.

If you have any questions, please contact Mistress Rebecca Chadderton via email mikkelsen (underscore) rebecca (at) hotmail (dot) com, facebook, phone or text 435 232 6951

Be There or Be . . . sitting at home thinking about the fun time you are missing!