[Artemisia] Announcement from Their Royal Majesties Timmur & Saige

Artemisia Seneschal seneschal at artemisia.sca.org
Thu Feb 14 00:32:13 CST 2013

Sent on behalf of Their Royal Majesties Timmur and Saige:

In early 2012, the SCA settled a lawsuit brought in 2009 against it and
three local SCA officers. At this time last year, the SCA asked each of
the Kingdoms of the Knowne World to contribute to the financial settlement
of that 2009 lawsuit. At that time, the Board of Directors committed to
pursuing a lawsuit against an insurance carrier that refused to contribute
to the settlement and sought repayment of the amounts contributed by the
SCA's kingdoms.

The Board of Directors is pleased to announce that the lawsuit against the
insurance carrier has been settled and the SCA has recouped a significant
portion of the monies spent on the settlement of the 2009 lawsuit. Due to
confidentiality provisions in the settlement agreement with the insurance
carrier, the Board is unable to provide any details of the settlement with
the insurance carrier. However, as of February 11, 2013, the corporate
office will send checks to each of the Kingdoms who contributed to the
settlement of the 2009 lawsuit, reimbursing each Kingdom approximately
two-thirds of the contributions made by such Kingdom.

The Board would like to extend its heart-felt gratitude to each and every
one of its members for their support of the corporation during these
trying times. We now look forward to building on the strengths of our
Society to ensure our organization's future success.

Their Royal Majesties Timmur and Saige are so happy to be able to share this
wonderful news with you and to know that Our kingdom has drawn together to
support Our society during these struggles. We are extremely grateful to
every member of the Kingdom of Artemisia who helped provide the funds that
were contributed toward the financial settlement last year. We are
especially grateful to those Baronies, Shires and Households who held
fundraisers to help strengthen Our coffers once the check was sent.

Although the exact amount is not yet known that We have to work with, Our
intention is to reimburse those Shires and Baronies approximately
two-thirds of the amount contributed. Those groups also have the option to
leave the funds with the Kingdom to help with the start-up costs for the
Talon-Crescent War if they so choose. We appreciate all you do to support
one another and to continue living the Dream.

Timmur and Saige