[Artemisia] Fwd: [Caid] Practicum of the Sword VII - for armored, rapier and unarmored :)

SirMLL at aol.com SirMLL at aol.com
Tue Feb 26 16:52:26 CST 2013

FYI.

____________________________________
 From: shanara67 at yahoo.com
To: caid-rapier at yahoogroups.com,  calafian-rapier at yahoogroups.com,
caid at crier.caid-commons.org,  CalafiaList at yahoogroups.com, ArtRapier at yahoogroups.com
Sent: 2/26/2013  12:29:20 P.M. Mountain Standard Time
Subj: [Caid] Practicum of the Sword  VII - for armored, rapier and
unarmored :)

Greetings!

Practicum of the Sword VII is soon upon us  – come celebrate its 7th ‘
Birthday’ on Saturday, March 16th and Sunday March  17th of 2013.
This year we are again meeting in Boulder City,  approximately 20 minutes
outside of Las Vegas. We look forward to partaking  with friends of a
variety of
classes.  These will focus on  sword
combat in SCA armored, unarmored and rapier forms, with an eye on  the
historical use of the weapons and other matters of import to the
well-rounded
swordsman and swordswoman!

Lunch is provided in site  fee Saturday, and a donation lunch will be
available
on Sunday.

Check periodically for a complete listing of the class schedule with  times
and other
pertinent information at the Baronial website:
http://www.starkhafn.org/events.htm.  You can RSVP, see who else is  coming, invite
friends and find updates at Practicum of the Sword VII 2013
https://www.facebook.com/events/471950362856654/?fref=ts

Location:    1204 6th St., Boulder City, NV
89055
Site opens: Saturday, March  16th        8am
–  5pm
Site closes: Sunday, March  17th          9am –  5pm
Site Fee:  $15 Adults.    Please remember there is a $5 non-member
surcharge.
Event Steward: Don  Antonius Teasel       Please contact the  event steward
at practicum at starkhafn.org

Looking to hone your  skills and spend a weekend of camaraderie with others
who love the sword  and the art of the Rapier?

We will again have William Wilson who will  be sharing his extensive
knowledge
on Fabris and Capoferro’s cloak  techniques.  He will also look at Sword
and Buckler using techniques  by Marozzo. Christine Sapio has studied with
Bill
Wilson for years and will  present a class on basic footwork as well as
look at ways
to teach and make  drills interesting.

Not sure you have been playing long enough to jump  into advanced
classes?

There will be a beginner’s class as  well as classes geared for both
beginning
and more advanced swordsman/women  to attend.

Have a partner or other family who aren't sure about running  away to Vegas
for a weekend of sword classes?

Art class(es)  to be announced shortly

New!
Sean
Clark of La Fratelanza  della Spada will be talking about  the Scottish
Basket Hilted Broadsword  and use
of the targe shield as well as the dirk.  He will also be  giving a class
on the German Dussack.  The dussack was designed to  represent various
short, single-edged weapons in a training environment.

Know someone who fights armored?  Someone who might like to do  both?
Encourage them to come!

Jarl Rorik will be teaching a class  on the Great Ax in SCA combat, Duke
Guillaume will be looking at German  longsword and pole axe techniques as
adaptable to SCA armored combat.   Bill
Wilson will also present a class on Sword and Buckler applicable to  SCA
armored
combat as well as rapier.

Looking to learn  Unarmored?
Come join Duke Guillaume and
Duchess Felinah in an introto  Caid’s Unarmored program as well as advanced
longsword  techniques.

Repasts
and other Excitement!
Lunch will be served on  Saturday with two hours to absorb the lessons of
the
morning classes,  refresh, get some pick ups in.  Sunday there will be a
donation lunch  available.

REVEL:  There will be an
evening of food and time to  visit and swap stories, songs and meet new
friends
as well as time to  celebrate the life of Baron Aonarrach Faol
MagUidhir.  No  charge.

and... yes... we will be having shirts of course!  This  year's theme is
Green in honor of St. Patrick’s day available in both long  and short
sleeve.

We look forward to seeing you in a few  weeks!