[Artemisia] Beg, Borrow, Barter, Buy, and Sell - A Proposition

Sylvia Willard elena.llewelyn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:28:31 CST 2013

Greetings good gentles and fair ladies!

                This year, I have been slowly getting my leather business,
Llewelyn's Leather, off of the ground. This summer it is my goal to vendor
at a few different events, and I need your help! Here is my proposition:
Right now I am looking for many items to be able to facilitate my
ambitions, and some may very well be hiding in your garage, cluttering up
your attic, or within your abilities to make!

                I am willing to make custom leather items in trade for
these items, or to sell if you might not have anything on the list that I
need. I am also open to buying said items if the price is right, but I’d
much rather barter, because who wouldn’t want a custom tooled belt pouch in
exchange for that old chest that was collecting dust and stubbing people’s
toes? Borrowing is also an option, if there is something on this list that
can be lent for the duration of the summer, I don’t mind returning it!

                My goal is to vendor at a variety of SCA events and a
couple of Renfaires, which means the more medieval looking the object the
better, but I am not picky. If that means that you have a tarp covered
EZ-UP rather than a canvas pavilion, I am more than happy to set up a
trade. Again, if you would like one of my custom items but don’t have
anything to barter with, we can set up a regular transaction.

                Please feel free to share with as many people as you can!
You can see a variety of my items at www.llewelynsleather.com . Please
respond private to elena.llewelyn at gmail.com .

Items Needed for Llewelyn’s Leather Booth

   - ·         Booth (at least a 10’ x 10’ structure with a roof, like an
   EZ-UP, but the bigger the better. Walls are a plus, but not necessary.)
   - ·         Collapsible tables
   - ·         Storage Chests
   - ·         Lockable cash box
   - ·         Signs (if anyone can make wooden signs or fabric signs that
   can be hung up for things like “Llewelyn’s Leather” and “Armor Repair”)
   - ·         Collapsible shelves
   - ·         Extra plain white or off white fabric to use for table cloths
   - ·         A small section of scrap marble or granite,  12x4x2 or
   similar

Miscellaneous Wants for Llewelyn’s Leather Booth

   - ·         Reliable vehicle with towing capabilities
   - ·         Trailer, preferably enclosed, or any leads on a vardo/sheep
   wagon
   - ·         Collapsible wooden chairs
   - ·         Collapsible camp/wooden bed
   - ·         Coolers
   - ·         Potable water container
   - ·         Industrial sewing machine
   - ·         I would keel over and die if someone had a wooden mannequin
   and/or wooden bust
   - ·         Drafting table
   - ·         Drafter’s tools

This is a list of custom items that I make out of leather. This is by no
means a complete list, in fact, if there is an item that you would like out
of leather that you do not see on this list, ask me anyway. I like a
challenge, and I am always extremely thrilled to stretch my skills into new
and exciting avenues.

Next to each item, I will indicate whether I can make it out of soft or
hard leather. Hard leather has the ability to be tooled, so with those
items you can choose to have a particular design in the piece. I have a
variety of earth toned soft leathers available as well as black, please
inquire about particular shades.

Leather Items Available

   - ·         Flowers (Calla Lilies, Lotus, Lotus candle holders,
   Poinsettia)
   - ·         Masks (Hard, in many, many designs)
   - ·         Tricorn Hat (Hard)
   - ·         Baldric (Hard and Soft)
   - ·         Belt (Hard and Soft)
   - ·         Gun Holster (Hard and Soft, in both Rubber Band Gun and
   Western designs)
   - ·         Gun Belt/Ammunition Belt, Western style (Hard)
   - ·         Pouch, Round (Soft, available with knife sheath)
   - ·         Pouch, Square (Hard and Soft, available with knife sheath)
   - ·         Bracers (Hard and Soft, with a variety of options)
   - ·         Cuffs (Hard, Runic names, Constellations, Various symbols,
   so many options!)
   - ·         Scrolls (Hard, borders only unless the text is in runic.
   Leather takes calligraphy ink like a pro!)
   - ·         Corset (Hard and Soft)
   - ·         Coif (Soft)
   - ·         Coronets/Crowns (Hard)
   - ·         Leather-bound journals (Hard and Soft in a variety of sizes)
   - ·         ID/Business Card holders (Hard and Soft)
   - ·         Ipod cases (Hard and Soft)

I can also do the following non-leathery items. Email me if you’d like to
see pictures of any of these.

   - ·         Crocheted Monster Hats
   - ·         Runic translations, include name translations, bind runes
   for special effects (like traveling, or courage), and scroll texts.
   - ·         Clothes

         o Mongolian Dells
         o   T-Tunics
         o   Vests