[Artemisia] Feast of St. Valentine - Shire of Silver Keep

Britney Mortenson britneymortenson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 13:34:20 CST 2013

Greetings to one and all from the Shire of Silver Keep, in the (not really
so far) Northern reaches of beautiful Artemisia! In just a short while, the
Shire will be hosting the Feast of St. Valentine! We hope you will venture
out to see us this February 9. Here is some event information- more details
to follow! Feel free to visit the Shire's site (shireofsilverkeep.webs.com),
or our FB event page, for information.

The Shire of Silver Keep has been reveling in romance during this fair
winter in the North of Artemisia, and we invite you to join us in
celebrating the Feast Day of St. Valentine on February 9, 2013! Bring your
wit to write secret messages to one another! Toast your inspiration, cavort
with your friends, and praise those you admire-Courtly love is the order of
the day!

We will have a heavy fighter’s Bear Pit-style tourney to determine our
shire’s Heavy Fighting Champion. Any Montana fighter may win our Shire
Championship. Armoring and inspection begins at noon, with fighting
starting at 1 p.m. The rapier tourney will begin immediately following the
heavy tourney, coordinated by Her Ladyship Sarah bat Reuben.

A variety of classes will be held, beginning at noon. Topics will include
textile arts, improving your SCA wardrobe, and more. Details on the classes
to follow soon!

Merchants are welcome! In lieu of a merchant’s fee, we ask for a donation
to our Live Auction, which will be held before feast.

A feast for the senses will be presented for our guests to savor! The grand
Presentation of the Peacock is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Lunch will be set up
from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Please be sure to bring your own feast gear, as there
will be no extras on-site. Feast will be capped at 40 people. Please
contact the Event Steward to make your reservations no later than January
28, 2013, and include any food allergies.

Our site is the Lindley Center, 1102 East Curtiss St, in Bozeman, MT.,
conveniently located just off the King’s Highway of I-90. Site opens at 9
a.m. and closes at 10 p.m. This is a wet site, and no pets are permitted
inside the building.

Site fees: Adults 15 and up, $7. Youth 6-14, $4. Children under 6 are
guests of the Shire. Family cap is $30. Please make all checks payable to
Shire of Sliver Keep, SCA Inc.
Feast fees: Adults 13 and up, $8. Youth 6-12, $4. Children under 6 feast as
guests of the Shire. Lunch is $3 per person.

Directions: From I-90 take the Main Street Exit #309 to Bozeman, when you
get to the first light be in the left hand lane. Go thru the light, take
the first left after the “Big Sky Motel” onto Cypress Ave. Follow Cypress
Ave, it will turn into E Curtiss and The Lindley Center will be on your
right.

Event Steward
-Jane Fox (britneymortenson at gmail.com)

Deputy Event Steward