[Artemisia] Defender's Tourney - Loch Salann 09 Mar 2013

Angela M. Stephens AStephens at nelsonlabs.com
Fri Jan 18 10:52:26 CST 2013

For 35 years our great and marvelous lands have faced and defeated a mighty foe.  Each time this demon dared to threaten us, we the people of Loch Salann looked among us for a mighty defender who would rid our lands of this beast.  Each time, that call was answered.  Well my friends, once again rumors fill the air that a huge, slimy, multi-limbed creature is roaming our fair lands.  Who will answer the call?  Come, one and all, join us to defeat this creature and to save our land, our families, and homes from this frightful fiend.
Come well-armed my friends, for the foe we face is cunning and sly.  There will be tournaments to see who will be our worthy defenders. The heavy tournament will be led by Sir Bohun the Black, our current defender of these fair lands.  A rapier tournament will be held by our brave Rapier Defender Don Elyas Tigar.   To celebrate our anticipated victory, an Arts and Science Championship will be held to select the Baronial Champion for the next year. More information will be posted by our Arts and Sciences Minister Lady Winifred Whitehorse.  Our gallant Baronial Bard, Lord Lawrence Bacon will be holding a bardic competition to select the next Loch Salann Bard.
Duke Sir Sean Kirkpatrick Tarragon will prepare a Feast to celebrate the occasion. The Feast menu will be posted as soon as it is finalized.  Any special accommodations for the Feast will need to be requested by February 9, 2013.  Reservations must be submitted by February 28, 2013.  If you're interested in the Feast, please send your reservation to Lady Aingeal (astephens at nelsonlabs.com). For each reservation, please send a list including modern and SCA names for each individual, as well as ages of any children. If you wish to receive confirmation please include an email address.
More information will be posted on :
www.loch-salann.org/docs/defender_13ann.html<http://www.loch-salann.org/docs/defender_13ann.html>
www.facebook.com/events/299381810165235/<https://www.facebook.com/events/299381810165235/>