[Artemisia] Poetry Event Announcement

Jeanne P / Casamira jeannecas at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 20:35:38 CDT 2013

--
Jeanne Panlener / Baroness Casamira Jawjalny, O.L., O.P., G.A.
Artemisian Minister of Arts & Sciences
The Pun is mightier than the Sword!

From: Katherine Hawkins <k_hawk_us at yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Subject: Knowne World Poetry Competition and Poetry Day--Artisan's Row,
Pennsic

please distribute as you see fit.

To all Poets, and aspiring Poets of the Knowne World!
You are cordially invited to participate in Poetry Day at Artisan's
Row onMonday,
July 29th at Pennsic!!  Please bring your poetry displays and plan on doing
some presentations and meet aspiring poets throughout the day.  We
can share/perform our poetry--Anything Goes--at this wonderful day long
celebration of the art of poetry.  The tent will be open from 9:00 a.m. to
5:00 p.m.

If you want to learn about poetry writing, research, documentation or
performance, this is the place to be!  If you just want to chat with
someone about your work, there will be an opportunity.  If you want to
share your art with others, please come and participate for part or all of
the day.  We encourage all current and "wanna be" poets to attend.  Let us
help you develop your art.

In addition, the Knowne World Poetry Competition will be held during the
day. All poets are welcome to enter. Poets entering the competition must
turn in their work by *10:00 a.m.* Poetry is to be written in any medieval
genre and the subject is "Passion" -- passion for any person, place, ideal,
the SCA, an art, a science, fighting, archery, etc. Your poetry will be
displayed for a populace vote as well. Documentation is required.  Please
have a display copy of your poem and a copy for the judges.  Performance of
the entries will then begin at 2:00 with the winner declared afterward.

Questions may be addressed to Lady Katarzyna Witkowska, Barony of Bright
Hills, Kingdom of Atlantia at k_hawk_us at yahoo.com

We had a lot of fun last year and I hope you will be there to share the fun
this year and promote poetry throughout the knowne world!!
Yours in service,

Lady Katarzyna Witkowska
of the Barony of Bright Hills, Kingdom of Atlantia

*Please distribute this message throughout the Knowne World to anyone who
loves the art of poetry!*