[Artemisia] Battle of Twin Bridges II

arwenmc at aol.com arwenmc at aol.com
Mon May 13 11:20:09 CDT 2013

Battle of Twin Bridges II
May 31-June 2, 2013
Shire of Castelleone Nuovo
Site location in Twin Bridges Montana

All are invited to our (actually friendly) rivalry with the Shire of Silverkeep!

A certain shire to our south has refused to pay their taxes even after receiving a sound thrashing at our hands at last year's event. They continue to cross our border, steal our timber, and commit other nefarious acts! Thus, the shire of Castelleone Nuovo must once again take the field of battle and further prove our mercenaries are better than theirs. Once again, join us for joy and revelry whilst you cheer your champions on to victory. Heavy, Rapier, Archery, and classes are planned.

Pets, (Dogs on leashes), are welcome. Site is wet- period containers please. Merchants are welcome with a donation to the Shire of Castelleone. Site is handicapped accessible. Property owners have requested that drivers use only dirt or gravel paths; and not drive on vegetation. This is a camping event. Shade is provided. No camp fires except in main fire pit. Cooking in the main fire pit is okay. Water for drinking/washing is available. The town of Twin Bridges has a grocery store and many fine restaurants suitable for family dining. Please watch for additional information and dialogue on our Facebook event page https://www.facebook.com/events/146038682238820/?fref=ts

Site fee: $13 ages 16 and up. $5 non-member surcharge applies. Kids under 16 are free. Please make checks payable to Shire of Castelleone Nuovo, SCA inc.
No formal feast will be served as this is a camping event. Camp kitchens welcome.
Site opens at noon Friday, May 31 and closes at noon Sunday, June 2.

Please note: There is no physical street address yet for the site on Garnet Lane. It is an open field.

Directions: Best route to Twin Bridges, MT. From 41/287 in the middle of Twin Bridges, turn onto 41 directly across from The Blue Anchor Bar. Cross the Beaverhead River and go .25 miles and turn right onto Melrose-Twin Bridges County Road (watch for SCA sign) Continue and bear left at Y. One more mile then left onto Valley View Drive. Right at the end of Valley View onto Garnet Lane, the site is the field on the right hand side of Garnet Lane. GPS 45 82.687N; 112 24.690W There is no physical street address for the site on Garnet Lane. It is an open field. SCA signs will be posted.

EXTRA DIRECTIONS FOR THOSE WHO NAVIGATE BY LANDMARKS: When you reach the center of town in Twin Bridges, there is a blinking light right in front of the Blue Anchor Bar. This is the turn you need. It takes you over the river and past the fairgrounds (which will be to your left with nice log buildings.) You will continue past the old State Orphanage complex (which will be on your right with lots of creepy buildings and an old Victorian era mansion) and take the right turn directly after the Orphanage complex. This street isn't marked with a street sign, but on most maps it's called the Melrose Road. Continue past the cattle/horse pastures (on both sides of you) and cross the next large river. The road turns to dirt/gravel after that bridge. Bear left at the fork in the road and continue on until you see a neighborhood on your left. This is the neighborhood where the site is. Look for the street sign for "Valley View Drive" on your left. That's it. Go all the way down Valley View Drive (it's not terribly long) and take a right at the end (the only way you can go) onto Garnet Lane. Continue on Garnet Lane and the site will be on your right in an un-fenced field with pavilions. Please keep vehicles on the established roads and graveled areas, the grass there takes ten years to re-grow and cover vehicle tracks.

Event steward: Lord Baruch ben Moshe
Mka Bruce Hodess 406-422-9151 rico_ratso at yahoo.com

Shire Seneschal: HL Sarah bat Reuben
Mka Sarah Cochran 406-461-9365 sarahcochran92 at gmail.com