[Artemisia] Uprising War Class Instructors Wanted

Kristine Baum kbaum at jps.net
Fri May 17 12:46:53 CDT 2013

Greetings fellow Artemisians!  We want, and need, you to teach classes at Uprising War 27.   Please consider teaching a class (or two, or three…) this year.   Have you learned a new craft and would like to share how you did it?   Have you a science you have learned about, and would like to share your knowledge?   Have you ever taught a class in a collegium, war, or baronial event?    Have you ever entered an item into a Baronial or Kingdom Arts and Sciences Competition?   You could already have your class handout done by basically updating your original A&S Competition documentation reports.  How about the Laurels in our kingdom?  Will you please teach a class or two?   How about teaching the same class more than once during Uprising War?  We have about 15 classes so far, but we would like to have about 60 classes.   A big thank you to those who have already volunteered to teach!
We will also have a “Teen Track” class schedule for the youth attending Uprising War, similar to last year.   If you have a class you would like to teach which is geared toward the younger members of our society, please specify on the class submission form on the Uprising website (see below) that it is for the “Teen Track” classes, under the “Class description" section, or under the “comments/suggestions” section.    How do you volunteer to teach a class, you ask?   Please go to the Uprising War website,  http:/www.barony1000eyes.org/UprisingWar/Home.aspx  ,  click on the Arts and Sciences tab, and enter your class submission.    It’s that easy!   Classes in which you can start or complete a project during the class are always popular.   I have had requests for classes in the following areas:  leather work (tooling, dying, shoe making, etc.), card weaving, basic hand sewing stitches, pewter casting (always a favorite), chain mail (jewelry and armor), scribal arts, period games, embroidery (all kinds), costuming (all kinds), classes for newbies, cosmetics, lace, and hats (and hair styles).   All A&S categories are welcome.    Some things to remember are that there will be no classes on Friday afternoon during court (1-4pm), but classes will be scheduled before, and after court on Friday.   Also, no classes will be held Saturday afternoon after 12:00 noon because of the Artisan’s Display (aka Laurel’s Prize) being held in the Grand Pavilion (1-4pm).  Thank you so much for your willingness to help teach classes!   Please contact me if you have any questions.
FYI, we are working to get the class schedule up on the web site for your viewing pleasure, but it is not available as of today.
Yours in Service,
Lady Helena Handbasket                                                                                                                                  Mistress of Arts and Sciences, BOTE, and Uprising War 27 Class Coordinator