[Artemisia] Solstice Court Update!

Angela M. Stephens AStephens at nelsonlabs.com
Fri Nov 8 13:13:31 CST 2013

Solstice Court Update!

Castle Siege!

ATTENTION!!!  To all who wish to enjoy the fine festivities at Solstice: PREPARE TO BE POUNCED ON!!  Mischief-makers from the North will launch a merry assault against all those present who wish to partake in this parody of protecting the new Baron and Baroness.   We will come armed with Catapults and ammunition.  We will come armed with treats for all defenders.  We will come armed with merriment and fun as we wreak havoc and run amok on your great Barony.

BUILD A DEFENSIVE CASTLE WITH STRONG WALLS
FLY THE FLAGS OF THE BARONY
DEFEND YOUR BARONY
EARN THE HONOR OF THE GRAND AND GLORIOUS SOLSTICE PROTECTOR

There will be prizes!  There will be treats!!  There will be Merriment!!!   Look for Siege Weapons and mounted troops.  HOLD US BACK...IF YOU CAN!!! BWHAHAHA!!!

Here are the guidelines

Castle  Construction:
Create your castle.   The base of the castle should be no larger than 24" x 24", with a wall height of no more than 12" and turrets no larger than 18".  You will need space for three flags on your castle.  Flags will be provided.  Keep in mind that your castle will need to be moved around, so weight should not exceed 25 pounds.   Also, the purpose of your castle construction is defense.  Build it to withstand an unexpected attack.
Have fun with your design, recreate your favorite castle from history.  There will be a prize given for the finest example of period construction.

Castle De-Construction:
Catapults will launch ammo at your castle.  After all ammo is launched, the castle with the most flags and least amount of wall damage will be named the Solstice Baronial Protector!

If you have questions please contact Lady Winifred Whitehorse.