[Artemisia] Missive from HL Heidi of Cote du Ciel

C C eirenna416 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 15 21:27:28 CST 2013

HL HEIDI OF COTE DU CIEL has requested this missive be posted and shared and noised abroad that all may hear of the request (most humbly given)

Greetings to the Populace of Artemisia (and to any to whom this missive may come outside the confines of our Kingdom),

I have recently been asked a question by the Crown (Their Royal Majesties Raven and Sajah), which I will answer at Winter Solstice, December 14th. I have given much thought to the day, to my feelings, to all the emotions rushing through me. It is for this reason I send out this communication. I have been asked by many, many generous members of this fair Kingdom (and even some outside of it) how they can assist me in this endeavor. Many have expressed this desire over vast distances, and have limited resources to be able to meet with me in person. This incredible generosity of heart is very humbling to me, and reaffirms the reason that I so love this Society, whose members are so devoted to service and support of one another. I am honored to be a part of such a great group of people – it is the people that always keep me coming back. I am planning something in my ceremony which I hope will be a small tribute to this spirit of service and support.
 Accordingly, I would humbly like to request anyone who would like to do so make a bee. That’s right – a bee. Something small, about 1 – 2 inches, and something that can be easily applied to fabric (like with a safety pin). It would be best if the method of adherence (such as the safety pin) were to be included with the bee – since they will need to be applied to the fabric (many of them) in a very short time frame. I would request that this bee represent you – if you were a bee, what would you look like? For me, for instance, I would make a beaded bee (maybe even a beaded bee holding a needle, or a beaded bee made of pearls). Please send them to me, or bring them to the Solstice Event, or give them to me wherever you may see me prior to Solstice. If you are planning to send it to me via mail, my mailing address is 480 South 200 East Willard, UT 84340.

I would like to thank you all in advance for all the help that you are giving me on this project, and all the efforts you are making to make this day so memorable. I am overwhelmed and so very grateful for your willingness to help. In addition, I would like to thank you for all the support and friendship you have given me since the time that I made my first timid steps into a Baronial Fighter Practice in Loch Salann (over 22 years ago), dressed in a recycled Halloween costume of polyester taffeta and a plastic “crown”. My best wishes go out to you. May you have many beads (and other wonderful things) come your way.

Yours in service to the dream (and many beady returns),

HL Heidi of Cote du Ciel
(mka Heidi Beames).

-shared by HL Aelia Sophia, electronic scribe to the social media challenged :D