[Artemisia] Solstice Court

Angela M. Stephens AStephens at nelsonlabs.com
Fri Oct 25 14:53:26 CDT 2013

The summer crops have been laid away and preparations have been made; the longest night is nigh at hand.  It is time to gather and celebrate before the long cold winter settles in.  Come one, come all and join us, the Barony of Loch Salann, as we share warmth, food and laughter at our Solstice court.  Sing songs, tell tales, bring poetry to share, to delight and to inspire.  TRM Raven and Sajah will have gifts and prizes for their favorites!
Come share your love and best wishes for our Baron and Baroness Bjorn and Jennet as they set aside their burden and begin a richly deserved rest.  Congratulate them on a job beautifully done!  Then witness the investiture of THL Dunkr and Oonaugh as they take up the mantle and begin their journey.

Bring games to play but be sure to leave time open, for there will be classes and activities available!
Count Ralf le Bigod will be teaching a class on Sports Injury Prevention during the day. All Fighters, Archers, Rapier Fighters, and anyone else that would like to attend are invited.   Class will be 2 hours long but will not require any equipment or special clothing.
HL Magnus Sigurdson will be teaching "MMA for SCA"!   Come learn some basic moves to help improve your fighting!
Lady Winifred Whitehorse is bringing a mini trebuchet!  Try your hand at a castle siege!  More information will be posted about this soon.
And let us not forget the youth!  Lady Arianna and m'Lady Emily have activities planned to keep the kids entertained and help get their creative juices flowing!  A visit from Father Christmas could even be in order for well-behaved boys and girls!
And, for those with a crafty hand and/or an eye for fun, there will be a basket auction to benefit the Baronial Travel Fund!  Put together a basket of whimsy and watch as your friends vie in their attempts to outbid each other!  Great fun and such a great cause!  If you would like to put a basket together please contact Lady Aingeal astephens at nelsonlabs.com<mailto:astephens at nelsonlabs.com>  Please let me know what you would like to donate ahead of time so that we can plan.  Thank you!
This time of year, as the outside turns dark and gray, we find comfort and joy in making our interior spaces beautiful as a reminder that winter does not last forever and in fact, the Solstice is a renewal.  In keeping with this we will be having a table decorating contest!  Bring your decorations and help make the hall beautiful.  Prizes will be awarded.  If you have banners please bring them to adorn the hall.  We look forward to seeing the dream come alive for one and all!
Site is DRY!

Site Fees:
Adults(14 and older) - $10.00
Child (under 14) - $5.00
Littles (5 years and under) - guests of the Barony.
Family cap (2 adults and 2 children) $30
Non-Member Surcharge -$5.00

Feast - Adults 12 older $12.00
Youth - under 12 $6.00
Children 5 and under free

Schedule (subject to change):
Site opens at 9:00am
10:00 Opening Court
1:00pm:A & S Display opens
Silent Auction for donated Prizes begin
Youth Activities begin
Classes and activities begin
4pm Evening Court
7pm Feast & Bardic of Artemisian Songs requested by His Majesty Raven
9pm Site Closes

Site location:
Utah State Fairpark - Zion Building
155 N 1000 W
Salt Lake City UT 84116

Directions:
Take the King's Highway (I-15) to the I-80 west.  Follow signs for Reno/S.L. International Airport.  Take exit 118 toward Utah State/Fairpark.  Turn Right onto Redwood Road.  Turn right onto North Temple.  The fairpark is on the corner of 1000 West and North Temple.  The Zion Building is toward the center of the fairgrounds; park in parking lot C (see attached map).
Event Stewards: HL Tighearnan mag Cinndearghan (Chris Light), Duchess Qamar un Nisa (Christina Oppenheimer), and Lady Aingeal inghean Garaidh (Angela Stephens)
Feast Steward: Duchess Qamar un Nisa (Christina Oppenheimer)

Solstice Feast Menu: To be announced.

FEAST RESERVATIONS: These will be taken until November 30th or until we reach maximum capacity (limited to 80).  Please send reservations Lady Aingeal (astephens at nelsonlabs.com<mailto:astephens at nelsonlabs.com>).