[Artemisia] Castle Siege: The Quest for the Holy Grail 2014

Tammy Anderson tanderson1028 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 13:45:49 CDT 2014

Castle Siege:  Quest for the Holy Grail
Event
Dates:  August 8 – 10, 2014

We have ridden since the snows of winter
covered this land, and now God has given us a quest.  For those brave enough, terrible obstacles
must be faced and overcome in the search for the Holy Grail.  Join Team Sir Robin, Team Sir Lancelot, create
your own team, or go it on your own.  But
are you brave enough to face the Black Knight?  Are you clever enough to out-taunt the French?  Can you survive the peril of Castle
Anthrax?  Can thou lobbest the Holy Hand
Grenade and blow thine enemy to tiny bits?  Will you join us for the time of your life?  (*Hint:  Brush up on your Monty Python movie lore.)

The site (Rocky Creek Farms) opens at
noon on Friday (August 8, 2014), and the fun begins immediately.  Saturday will be a very full day, so rise
early and prepare to face your challenges.  Games and contests of strength must be won to prove yourself worthy of
the Grail.  Successful completion of each
game will result in a grail token.  The
holder of the most tokens will win . . . Excalibur!  We may even have a watery tart throw it at
you.

Note from the Event Steward:  I put my heart into the planning of Feast of
St. Valentine, but this time I’m throwing in my funny bone.  I’ve tapped into the brain trust of the Shire
of Silver Keep, and we have invented a fabulously fun and hilarious weekend for
you.  There are many roles to fill, and
the more people who attend, the more fun we will have.  I will personally offer a reward to the
person who brings the most attendees with him/her.  So please, spread the word and come with all your
friends and your coconuts.

The Rocky Creek Farm site will open at
12:00 p.m. on Friday and is only ten minutes from Bozeman for last minute
necessities.  The site is wet, but please
use period containers.  Pets are allowed;
please be responsible.  Merchants are most welcome!  Fires are
allowed in above-ground pits only.  There is no potable water on this
site, so be certain to bring what you need.

Site
Fees:
Adults: $12.00. Youth 5-15: $6.00.  Children under 5 are guests of the Shire. The
Family Cap is $25.00.  A $5.00 non-member
surcharge will apply. Day fees are $8.00 for adults and $4.00 for youth 5 –
15.  Please make checks payable to SCA
Inc, Shire of Silver Keep.  A simple
feast (barbeque/potluck style) is planned for Saturday night; watch for more
details to be posted in the near future.  (Advance feedback on the feast would be helpful, including reservations,
donations, etc.)

Site
Directions:
The site is Rocky Creek Farm.  Take your best route to Bozeman, Montana
and connect with I-90.  From the west, take Exit # 313 off I-90 (Bear
Canyon Road).  Turn left at the stop sign off the exit.  Turn left
again (this is Frontage Road).  Travel 0.8 miles and turn right at Rocky
Creek Farm, following signs to the event area.  From the East:  Exit

Steward:THL Tamsyn Sutherland (mka Tammy Anderson); Telephone: (406) 539-0749; Email:  tanderson1028 at yahoo.com