[Artemisia] Castle Siege: Quest for the Holy Grail is this weekend!

Tammy Anderson tanderson1028 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 21:15:16 CDT 2014

As you all know (or should know), Castle Siege: Quest for the Holy Grail is this weekend! Hooray! So here is the tentative schedule for the event. The site opens on Friday at noon. Depending upon who arrives for Friday activities, there will be rapier pick-ups, armored combat matches, and some archery. For those of you who want to get a jump on winning tokens (s/he who wins the most will get Excalibur), we will have a trivia challenge that evening. Also, those of you who are camping Friday night are invited to join Tamsyn and William for chili around their campfire. Bards and minstrels are most welcome (and we won't eat you!).
On Saturday, the site will open at 9:00 am. Although there is no hard and fast scheduled time for each activity, there are 10 terrible tasks that will be open for your participation. Those tasks, in no particular order, are Answer Three Questions to Cross the Bridge of Death (this you do as soon as you arrive on site, because you have to cross the bridge to get to troll), Bring out Your Dead Cart Races, Defeat the Black Knight, Rescue the Prince, Face the Peril in Castle Anthrax, Lob the Holy Hand Grenade, Battle the French, Appease the Knights of Ni, the Near-Fatal Wounding of Concord, and Build Your Own Witch. For example, when enough heavy fighters arrive (probably around noon or one o'clock), Defeat the Black Knight will begin. For this activity, if you are not a heavy fighter, you can bet on the fighters in order to win more tokens. The Rapier fighters will be "rescuing the prince" by defeating the "wedding guests." Again, if you are not a rapier
 fighter, you can bet on those who are fighting. The other activities are designed for all to participate. The event is scheduled the way it is to entice you all to come on Friday night, stay all day Saturday, and join the monks on Sunday morning!
Saturday evening around 7:00 pm, we will have the weenie roast. The fee is $5, unless you bring a dish to share, in which case, dinner will only cost you $2. You will get to roast your own weenie (or brat if you prefer), and there will be side dishes, chips, and desserts on which to dine. After dinner, and just before the sacrificial burning of the Trojan Rabbit, we will count tokens to see who wins Excalibur.
We hope you all come just to relax and have some fun!
If you have questions or require more information, please feel free to call or text me at 406.539.0749.
Tamsyn