[Artemisia] More for Solstice Court

Angela M. Stephens AStephens at nelsonlabs.com
Tue Dec 9 13:52:06 CST 2014

So...what is there to do at Solstice Court?

Classes:
*The lovely Bengta from Gryphon's Lair will be teaching a class on Norse Whipcord Braiding. She will have materials, Larger kids are welcome, smaller kids are welcome with a parent

*We have the privilege of having Nesscia, the Society Silent Heraldry Deputy, join us and there will be three classes!!!
1-Sign Class: open to all ages and all skill levels, kids can come with their parents, and we'll teach some signs, including some that are specific to the SCA and to Artemisia.
2- Q&A/round table: what a silent herald does, the job, the rules, etc.
3- "Hands on" heralding class: practice what it's like to sign announcements, awards, etc.

Games:
*Love games? There will be two...yes TWO tournaments at Solstice Court. The traditional Cribbage tourney and a chess tournament will both be happening! If you like to play bring your boards and join in! Come watch the exhalation and agony of those competing to be named the 2014 Solstice Court cribbage champion!

Heraldry:
*The Loch Salann Herald will have a consult table! This would be a fantastic time to speak with a herald about submitting your name and/or device!

Dancing:
*Baroness Elizabeth will be teaching several different period dances!
So much to do! Don't miss out!

https://www.facebook.com/events/332195296941750/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming