[Artemisia] Kingdom Calendar Change Proposal (long)

ratslayer at spro.net ratslayer at spro.net
Mon Mar 17 17:05:31 CDT 2014

A couple of comments.  I like the idea of changing the calendar back to a
similar structure that we had in the early days of the Kingdom and our
principality days.  I do think it's easier for people to make a Kingdom
level event quarterly as opposed to two events two months in a row for both
financial reasons and for those who need to ask for time off.

I do not like having it the third weekend of the month.  AnTir, which is a
neighboring Kingdom, has a crown (May) and a coronation (July) on the third
weekend of the month.  Since they are a close kingdom, I hate the idea of
conflicting with them and as proposed at this time our July Coronation
would be the same weekend as theirs.

To the person who commented about other Kingdoms trying to preplan the
location of Coronations, AnTir has been doing that since I started
traveling over there in 1995 or so.  It seems to work fairly well for them.

Just a few quick comments.

Kelwin Ratslayer