[Artemisia] in regards to the calendar

Ankharet verchMereduthapMadoc ankharet_mt at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 19:55:06 CDT 2014

I would like to put my two cents in this discussion.
1) trim posts please
2) The diversity of the calendar and incorporating the events into the North is appreciated by the northern participants i have played with. We all try to travel as much as we can given finances, kids in school, and distances.
3) the intimation the not many people participate in A&S no matter where it is- well that depends on your view point. If you say it that way, i could say that there is no point to attend any "fighting" event because i don't fight. We all get into the SCA for many reasons, and it is unfair to single out any one event "type" as less "important" than any other. They are ALL important to someone.
4) I appreciate that there is a great competitive spirit in this kingdom, but maybe encouraging just the "showing" or "displaying" instead of competing might garner more participation, no matter where it is in the kingdom, or how much time there is to prepare. I have been greatly encouraged by the idea of the Kingdom Tournament of Champions in July. It is centrally located for the entire kingdom, and i hope to see some displays as much as competition.
5) I like that the winners of the Crown get to have the opportunity to share with their local families their wins, yes it is a close turn around from some groups, but no matter what you do, each group will have their challenges.

post script no matter how I say this i will piss someone off. It is not meant to be confrontational, just my opinion.

Ankharet verch Meredudd

Arwain at cara a at addysga,
(guide to love and to teach)