[Artemisia] Artemisia Digest, Vol 126, Issue 13

Jackman-Brink, Julia Julia.Jackman-Brink at mso.umt.edu
Thu Mar 20 13:19:52 CDT 2014

Picking my brain here....That area has "members" (which is in ID, and belongs to 1000 Eyes), but Cdc and 1000 Eyes have internally blurred their line because those who live in the upper Cache Valley play with Cote du Ciel and not the barony. Geographically it's closer, and more cost effective for both groups. They make it "work" for them.  On paper; that land is and does belong to the barony.  You are correct...but if you ask the local members...they play with Cote du Ciel.

Principalities...the kicker here is that the population centers do not follow the state line format.  Artemisia's population is greatest on the north Wastach front, Boise, and to some extent the Idaho Falls area.  We need to have healthy groups with a growing local population base to even begin a discussion.   Sure the handbook says 100....recommendation the Board will give is 200+ for minimum (double your worth in case your numbers drop.)  Just as with kingdoms, it says 400, but they want 800+ (and I'll point out that Artemisia is just over that #...barely.) Those aren't good maintenance numbers.  The other thing is that currently MANY of the groups not in those core areas are struggling, and can barely hold the events and officers they have now....a principality split is not going to change that, if anything it may hurt them.  I know of at least 3 groups that are a step away from dissolution due to a lack of membership.   If the groups go dormant or fail, then it is a downward spiral.

A worthy goal...but we have a ton of work to do before that can ever happen.

Juliana
(old used seneschal type....)