[Artemisia] Calendar & branches

Caointiarn caointiarn1 at bresnan.net
Thu Mar 20 21:51:33 CDT 2014

Adding (or dividing) into Principalities  *adds a layer*,  it doesn't help
solve any problems.    Then you have Principality level events  PLUS local
events  PLUS Kingdom events.  The Officer pool  expands as well.

I like the new proposal.  I'd like to see it put into motion for 2015.
Heck, even with the 2nd weekend gigs again. As a Kingdom, we also need to
take the emotional ties OUT of Coronation and bid/plan  thosein advance as
well as the others.  However,   I don't like the idea of trying to tie
Kingdom events to National Holiday weekends.    That adds all the "weirdos"
traveling along as well  (snicker)

If all you can do is travel to neighboring groups, than support your
neighbors.   There has been a reduction in the many of us no longer
traveling the ends of the Kingdom.  Real life, time, and $$ comes into play,
and those commitments always come first.

Let me think about this some more . . .
Caointiarn

******************
SCA borders have in the past followed things like state boundes . Then it
was zip codes.
 We could also make 3 princeipalities  Utan, Idaho, Montana. That would be
fun!
 Lady Cate

And Juliana  (old used seneschal type....) said:
Principalities...the kicker here is that the population centers do not
follow the state line format.  Artemisia's population is greatest on the
north Wastach front, Boise, and to some extent the Idaho Falls area.  We
need to have healthy groups with a growing local population base to even
begin a discussion.   Sure the handbook says 100....recommendation the Board
will give is 200+ for minimum (double your worth in case your numbers drop.)
Just as with kingdoms, it says 400, but they want 800+ (and I'll point out
that Artemisia is just over that #...barely.) Those aren't good maintenance
numbers.  The other thing is that currently MANY of the groups not in those
core areas are struggling, and can barely hold the events and officers they
have now....a principality split is not going to change that, if anything it
may hurt them.  I know of at least 3 groups that are a step away from
dissolution due to a lack of membership.   If the groups go dormant or fail,
then it is a downward spiral.