[Artemisia] Artemisia Digest, Vol 126, Issue 19

Jeanine Schlauch jeanines at cableone.net
Tue Mar 25 17:55:30 CDT 2014

Greetings (again),

I've made some changes to my proposal based on the feedback received so far.
Lots and lots of discussion is wanted, needed and encouraged.

*Proposed Changes (revised)*

     Kingdom weekend moves to the 3rd weekend of the month (see below)

     Coronations are rotated throughout the Kingdom, same as Crowns

Champion Weekend (Labor Day) - Champion Tourneys; Kingdom meetings
(Seneschal(e)s; Reeves; Officers in general and Calendar discussions)

     January Coronation (MLK weekend)

     April Crown

*     May Collegium*

     July Coronation

     October Crown

*2015 Examples *

         Coronation Jan 17-19

         Crown Tourney Apr 18-19

         *Collegium May 16-17*

         Coronation July 18-19

         Champions Weekend Sept 5-7

         Crown Tourney Oct 17-18

Notes:

The weather is a factor in the discussion as that was the main reason given
for changing the calendar to this particular version

Add Collegium back into the Calendar (sorry, Cas!), but move it to May,
since A&S would also be moved.   Perhaps we'd get a larger turnout in May
than November?

Sticking with the 3rd weekend for the following reasons:

   - 3 day weekend for January
   - Keeping events away from Mother's Day makes mama happy
   - July Coronation - It does step on An Tir's Coronation, but misses the
   July 4th Holiday, AnTir West War and Dragon's Tear

Can't make everyone happy - that is the nature of compromise.  I just would
like to see if we can come up with something better.

Thank you all for your indulgence.

Morgan du Marc