[Artemisia] FantasyCon Demo

M Steele mps0307 at yahoo.com
Sat May 3 17:09:03 CDT 2014

So I promised more info on Fantasy-Con and here it is. Our
recent work with them has secured us a 10X10 booth and 1 to 2 hour long slots each
day for Demo in their 80X80 Arena (which seats like 2,500 spectators). In addition
to that, they have asked us to march in their parade on the 4th of
July. For those who do not know, SLC does not do a 4th of July
parade, but this year there will be a parade.

Fantasy con is being projected to attract 40,000 attendees
from all over the Utah/Wyoming/Idaho area. Even if we (the SCA) drew the interest
of ½ of 1% of the people there, that would still be 200 people. One of the biggest
concerns we have been hearing is a lack of people at events and few new people.
Want to help change that? Here is our chance.

What do we need? We need people in garb to march in the
parade, people in armor to entertain and inform in the arena, and most
importantly, people willing to be at our booth and show that the dream of the SCA
is still ongoing and that we want to share it with others!

Fantasy con is July 3, 4, 5th in Salt Lake, at
the Salt Palace. There are no events that conflict with this weekend.  Who wants to come make some new friends with
us?

Dunkr