[Artemisia] Poetry at Pennsic

Jeanne P / Casamira jeannecas at gmail.com
Mon May 12 22:30:13 CDT 2014

Greetings!
For the last several years, we have held the Known World Poetry Competition
at Pennsic. This year it will be held on the Monday of War Week in
conjunction with Artisan’s Row. It will be on Monday, August 4th, from
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in Tent 16 facing Artisan’s Row. Please turn in
your entries between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon for judging. Then, return at
2:00 to perform your poem to earn extra points. If you can, please bring an
extra copy to put on display. However, being poets we do understand that
your poem may be written the night before. Please provide documentation or
a paragraph telling the judges the medieval genre of your poem.
Now, as to the theme . . . please portray for us in poetry your impression
of the sights and sounds of Pennsic. Extra points will be given for the use
of onomatopoeia (portraying a sound in words) in your poem. Your poem may
be fun or serious. Even if you do not want to enter, bring your poem for
the populace to enjoy and commentary.
By the way, I do need a few judges. Please contact Lady Katarzyna Witkowska
at k_hawk_us at yahoo.com if you have any questions or want to volunteer to
help with judging. The current Poeta Atlantiae, Lady Deirdre O’Bardon, will
be one of the judges.
Please don’t forget we will be open all day for Poetry at Artisan’s Row. It
was very informative and great fun last year. We hope you will come and
join us.
Yours in service,
Lady Katarzyna Witkowska
Barony of Bright Hills
Kingdom of Atlantia

--
Jeanne Panlener / Baroness Casamira Jawjalny, O.L., O.P., G.A.
Artemisian Minister of Arts & Sciences