[Artemisia] FantasyCon Demo updates

M Steele mps0307 at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 13:01:46 CDT 2014

FantasyCon Demo updates

I have setup a group to do planning for FantasyCon planning. I made it closed so that we don’t get random people in off the street looking for FantasyCon related pages. Please join https://www.facebook.com/groups/869610563055621 if you are interested in participating in the FantasyCon demo in one way or another.

Arena

We have an Arena Coordinator (Count Ralf ( Ralf Le Bigod)) who is managing the fighting demos in the arena (both Armored and Rapier). He has daily demo coordinators for Armored combat (Thur: Count Raven Raven MacLeod) Fri: Lady Brigitta ( Geneva Harline), Sat: Sir Fish(Michael Jensen)) and is working on Rapier coordinators. We will have 2 45 minute demos each day and we want to see both Armored and Rapier combat in every Demo.

Thursday July 3rd :11:30-12:15 / 3:30 -4:15
Friday July 4th: 10:30-11:15 / 2:30-3:15
Saturday July 5th: 11:30-12:15 / 3:30-4:15

If you are able to participate in the combat Demos, please coordinate with one of the above mentioned individuals and then go to http://www.fantasycon.com/about/volunteers-flash-events/ Select ULA member and then in the comments fill in that you are a member of the SCA and which days you plan to be there participating

Please note that if you are planning on fighting on the 4th, we'd ask you come early in your finest gear to participate in the Parade. Banners, heraldry and little polish a must. We'll begin the fighting straight after the parade.

Parade

We still need a volunteer to coordinate the parade on July 4th. It is a walking parade, so we don’t need to build a float or anything. Please contact me if you are interested.

Booth

We have a booth coordinator for each day. Thursday Duchess Tianna (Nikki Burton McCorristin), Friday Duchess Nisa ( Christina Kirgis Oppenheimer), and Saturday Mistress Rebecca ( Rebecca Mikkelsen). The booth hours will be 9AM to 7PM, and we would like to staff it with outgoing people who are excited to talk about their adventures in the SCA.

If you are able to work in the booth, please coordinate with one of the above mentioned individuals and then go to http://www.fantasycon.com/about/volunteers-flash-events/ Select ULA member and then in the comments fill in that you are a member of the SCA and what day(s) you plan to be working in the booth.

We would like to have interesting pictures and items on display in the pavilion that best represent the SCA (please remember we are limited to 10X10), and if possible put together 2-3 7-10 minute videos about the SCA, that we can be playing in the booth. If you have suggestions or can help put together a demo video, please contact me directly.

Weekly Meetings

The ULA (this is a combination of all of the groups holding demos in the Arena and the Fae Falls area at Fantasy con) is holding FantasyCon planning meetings at 7 on Thursday nights to discuss demos to get the word out about FantasyCon and coordinate our parts in the con itself. If anyone is able to make these meetings consistently, please let me know.

Planning Meeting

We are looking to hold another planning meeting June 16th (Monday after Uprising) to finalize our plans for this demo and see if we have any areas that need focus in the final weeks.

Crash Space

Duchess Saige (Saige Verch Laurens) has volunteered to help with Crash Space coordination if it is needed. Please talk to her ASAP if you are coming in from out of town and need help finding crash space.

If you have any questions or concerns, please send me an IM.

Mark Steele (Dunkr)