[Artemisia] Donation Derby Information

Nikky Scofield claredelacy29 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 08:39:55 CDT 2014

Good Morning Artemisia! We have had some great folks answer the call for
Largess and register for the Half-Dozen Donation Derby! I've also had a
great question asking to clarifying how largess works at Pennsic, and I
wanted to share my response with you in case others had a similar question.
The question asked what these largess gifts were for and who they were
going to, and here was my reply-

Thank you for your interest in joining the Artemisian Donation Derby. To
answer your question when Their Majesties go to Pennsic, they are just one
couple among about 7 or 8 additional Royal couples, not to mention all the
sets Prince and Princesses of the other Kingdoms who attend this event
(remember some Kingdoms like An Tir have one set of Majesties and multiple
sets of Principalities, so additional multiple couples of Princes &
Princesses), and gifts are given to show our generosity and as a way to
brag about the general awesomness of our Kingdom to others. Plus gifts are
also given at Their Majesties discretion to event hosts and other folks who
help them throughout Their Reign. Every Kingdom attending Pennsic is
assigned a sister-Kingdom that they directly exchange gifts with, and we
have drawn the Kingdom of the Outlands this year, so that's why we
mentioned making Outlands-themed items as an option for folks wanting to do
the Derby. You certainly don't need to worry about that if you don't want
to, any largess you wish to contribute at all is greatly appreciated
because normally large baskets are made for each gift containing multiple
items and the more items to choose from the better. I hope this helps to
answer you question and that you do decide to join the Derby. Please let me
know if there is anything else I can do to help you, and if you decide to
join. Thank you

Be sure to check out the Donation Derby website for more information if
you'd like to join, and also see the list of folks who have already
registered to participate. Remember, the artist who wins the populace's
choice gets to choose one item of all the largess for their own, and there
are some excellent artisans participating, so please consider helping Their
Majesties before they head to Pennsic!

http://claredelacy.weebly.com/artemisia-half-dozen-donation-derby.html

Thank you!

HE Clare de Lacy