[Artemisia] newcomers

Christine Fitzgerald catherineasherbeck03 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 13:38:47 CST 2014

Well said THL Earc!That being said, we should still take extra special care of our new players!!! They are the future of the S.C.A. And as such, how they are treated as well as what they are taught, will determine our future! So they must be cultivated as one would cultivate any young growing plant or child.
 If you have met a person in the SCA, that was a real jerk (& who of us hasn't), that person was not taught well. It was the responsibility of their teachers as well as those on the thrones that taught them that to be rude was all right. That chivalry was only for ones peers. And the populace was just the unwashed peasant masses, not worthy of ones time, (unless they are sucking up to you). As in, " The peasants are revolting, yes they are and they smell bad also" Instead a new player should be taught that we are all of a higher order, no matter what awards they may posses. And as such, everyone should be treated with the same respect as you would give those on the thrones.
   Sir fitz & Lady Cate